Do I need identification to apply?

You do not need identification (ID) to submit an application. However, if you are hired, you will need a valid ID to begin employment. 

You will not be able to begin work with this paperwork. You will need to provide documents that establish Identity and employment authorization.

  • You will need to establish identity. Some examples include: A valid Driver's license or ID card used by a State or Federal Government with a photograph, School ID with photograph, U.S. military Card School Record or Report Card.
  • You will need to establish employment authorization. Some examples include: Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, U.S. citizen Card, ID card for Use of Resident Citizen in the U.S.
  • The following will establish both ID and employment authorization: a Passport or Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (form I-551).

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for the Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program?
2. What is the deadline for applications?
3. Who do I contact if have questions?
4. How long is the work program?
5. What are the program hours?
6. Does everyone who applies get a job placement?
7. When do I find out if I have been accepted into the program?
8. Where will I be working?
9. Can I take a vacation or sick day?
10. What if I was on the waitlist last year?
11. How many times can I be in the program?
12. Do I need a letter of reference?
13. Do I need identification to apply?
14. Will we need to attend an orientation?
15. What if I have summer school?
16. Do I fill out tax forms?
17. Do I need a working permit?
18. How old do I need to be to work with children at a camp?
19. What is a CORI check and why do I need one?