Did you know that 36% of Americans have reported having a package stolen at least once? Here are several ways to stop package theft ...
- Bring your package in ASAP
- Install a video doorbell or security camera
- Use a locking dropbox
- Request a delivery confirmation signature
- Ask them to hide the delivery out of sight
- Send the package to a secure location other than your home
- Opt to ship to store instead
- Leaving town? Use the request 'Hold Mail' service at USPS.com
- Customize delivery by using USPS.com and your tracking number
It is extremely important to always file a police report when you package is stolen. Reporting these crimes to Malden PD allows us to be aware of what areas are affected.
If you or someone you know has a package stolen, please call our non-emergency number at 781-397-7171 to file a report.