MBTA Bus Network Redesign
The MBTA is proposing a new bus route map that could change how you get around Malden. This is your opportunity to tell the MBTA what you think of these changes and how the bus system should support Malden residents. Without your feedback, any proposed changes will be implemented starting in 2023. The City of Malden urges you to provide feedback directly to the MBTA before the July 31st, 2022 deadline.
How can I learn more?
Here are some opportunities for you to learn about the proposed changes:
- Learn more about the Bus Network Redesign project on the MBTA's website.
- Understand the proposed changes for Malden with educational materials in the following languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, French, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese.
- Attend an event.
- Watch the City's community meeting to learn about the Malden-specific proposed changes.
How can I provide feedback to the MBTA?
After learning about the proposed map, you can share your feedback to the MBTA before July 31, 2022 in the following ways:
- Complete an online survey in one of the following languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, French, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese.
- Attend an event.
- Email the MBTA: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail written comments: MBTA, ATTN: Victoria Ireton, 10 Park Plaza - Suite 3830, Boston, MA 02116
- Leave a voice message to the MBTA: 1-617-222-3011
How has the City engaged residents?
The City hosted a hybrid community meeting on Thursday, June 23rd from 6-8pm to give residents the opportunity to learn about the proposed changes, provide feedback to the MBTA, and discuss the tradeoffs. A panel consisting of members from the City’s Sustainable & Equitable Transportation Committee moderated the discussion and representatives from the MBTA provided a Malden-specific overview of the proposed map.
- Watch the City's community meeting to learn about the Malden-specific proposed changes. Please be sure to provide feedback directly to the MBTA before July 31, 2022 if you would like your comments to inform the finalized map.
- Review the presentation slides from the meeting.
If you'd like to speak to someone from the City regarding this project, you can contact John Alessi, Transportation Planner, Office of Strategic Planning and Community Development: email@example.com OR 781-324-5720 EXT 5740.