*The application is now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2022 Malden Resident 2 year/4 year College $1,000 Scholarship
The Mayor is pleased to announce a $1,000 college scholarship for all Malden resident high school seniors going to a 2 year or 4 year college in the Fall, 2022.
- Recipient must be a Malden resident able to show proof of residency.
- Recipient must be a high school graduating senior and attending a 2 year or 4 year college in the 2022-2023 school year.
- How does payment/transfer of funds work?
- The application will ask for the college's ID number and the funds will be paid directly to the college by the City of Malden.
- What is the deadline for applying for these funds?
- The deadline for applying for the scholarship is August 31, 2022.
- Will this be renewable next year?
- No, these are one-time funds.
- Can I use these funds for other college related expenses such as books?
- No, these funds will be paid directly to the college or university for the use of college tuition.
- Can these funds be put toward a technical/vocational school?
- Unfortunately, these types of continuing education do not qualify for this scholarship. A student must be using the funds for entering a 2 year/4 year college in the Fall of 2022.
- What if the student is deferring and/or taking a gap year?
- Funds are only applicable for students attending college attendance starting in the Fall 2022 semester.
*Please note: Scholarship funds go directly to the college for payment.
To apply for the scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Application Form.