Kierstead and Tartikoff Park Improvements
Another public meeting will be held on March 4th at 6PM to gather your ideas to improve Kierstead and Tartikoff Parks and to create greenway to connect up parks and playgrounds from the Lincoln Common to the Salemwood School.
Kierstead and Tartikoff Parks, just off Eastern Avenue by the Charles Daniel Apartments, provide central and visible locations for play and sports to neighbors and all Malden residents. People view games happening at Kierstead's ball diamond as they drive by and youth flock to Tartikoff's skate park. On the other hand, the playground at Lincoln Common gets much more use than Kierstead's playground and both parks have large areas that receive little if any use. Ward 7 Councillor's Anderson, Councillor Winslow and the Ward 7 Association will be hosting a series of meetings to gather community input for a Master Plan to improve these parks to make them more useful and attractive. The overall goal will be to assess the current use and state of repair of the existing parks and hold community forums to better understand what residents like about these parks and what needs to be updated or improved.
The Master Plan process will also consider the creation of a greenway along Willow Street to link Lincoln Common and Tartikoff and Kierstead Park with the Northern Strand bike path, Roosevelt Park and Salemwood School.
Zoom Webinar Replays
- January 28th Public Meeting Flyer - Chinese(PDF)
- January 28th Public Meeting Flyer - English(PDF)
- January 28th Public Meeting Flyer - Haitian Creole(PDF)
- January 28th Public Meeting Flyer - Portuguese(PDF)
- January 28th Public Meeting Flyer - Spanish(PDF)
- January 28th Public Meeting Flyer - Vietnamese(PDF)
- Kierstead Tartikoff Public Meeting 4 - March 4th 2021(PDF)