City Services During Coronavirus Response
Health professionals have advised that our best approach to combat COVID-19 is social distancing and as a result effective Monday, March 16th, City buildings will be closed to the general public until further notice, however we will still be operating during normal business hours offering certain core services. Below is a list of all City Departments and related services with information on each core service as well as other important notes.
- Non-emergency requests can be reported by calling, email or submitting a SeeClickFix ticket.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7171 x2051 or 911 for emergencies
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Only exterior inspection of property is being conducted by the assessor’s office at this time and until further notice
- Motor vehicle abatements can be submitted through US Mail or email
- Residential and statutory exemptions can be submitted through US Mail or email
- Abatement requests handled normally through electronic communication
Direct Phone: 781-397-2103
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cemetery remains open to visitors during normal hours
- Consult Cemetery Director regarding funeral arrangements in accordance with Governor’s guidelines on public gatherings.
- Forest Dale Cemetery is open to visits as well as passive activity. Absolutely NO DOGS ALLOWED.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7191
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Processing most documents via mail order request.
- Weddings not being conducted
Direct Phone: 781-397-7116
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conducting support of internal department purchase orders.
- Warrants will continue to be processed regularly; departments drop in controllers drop box
- Contact office for all other questions.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7080
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Continuing to conduct emergency response during COVID-19 response.
- Monthly public meetings currently on hold
Direct Phone: 781-397-7171
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will provide emergency DigSafe markings upon request
- Continue Final water meter readings, and lead certificate issuance
- Continue monthly bill readings, leaking meter repair and weekly Water quality testing
- Road work construction and inspection will be on hold until further notice
Direct Phone: 781-397-7040
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Essential fire functions continue as normal
- Fire Prevention office will be closed to the public until March 30th. If you need assistance please email FirePrevention@maldenfd.com or call 781-397-7383. x 2210
- Effective May 25, 2020 the Malden Fire Department will start conducting Smoke & Carbon Monoxide compliance inspections for Single Family Residences and Two Family Residences ONLY.
The inspections will be selective and done with limitations centered around Mandatory Safety Standards for everyone involved, you should contact the Fire Prevention Bureau for details.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7383
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspections will not take place during shutdown; although director has discretion to make exceptions
- Issues or complaints handled on a case by case basis
Direct Phone: 781-397-7049
Direct Email: email@example.com
- HR will work with Treasurers office weekly on timely payroll processing issues
- All interviews will be put on hold
- Will continue to handle and process deductions
Direct Phone: 781-397-7000 x 2187
Direct Email: AChiccuarelli@cityofmalden.org
- IT will assist employees needing assistance on remote assistance through city issued laptops
- IT should facilitate complete remote access for all department heads in category 2
- Facilitate phone support as needed
Direct Phone: 781-397-7154
Direct Email: Itdir@cityofmalden.org
- Legal will remain available on an ad hoc basis to handle matters that require timely responses
Direct Phone: 781-397-7106
Direct Email: Danthony@cityofmalden.org
- Continuing home deliveries
- Closed until further notice
- Remote Library Cards
- Online books, audiobooks, movies, educational resources and more
- Library material due dates have been extended to June 30th
Direct Phone: 781-333-0640
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ongoing constituent services
- Utilize all communication methods to update residents
Direct Phone: 781-397-7000
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Will continue to issue parking permits through mail and otherwise arrange for helping customers
- Skeleton crew will continue to monitor parking on street and respond to see click fix issues
- Most non safety related parking restrictions are being relaxed
Direct Phone: (781) 397-7196
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permits, Inspections & Planning Services
- Permits will continue to be issued remotely as through the issuance of 3 laptops to inspectors
- Inspections will be handled case by case at the discretion of the inspector based upon circumstances
Direct Phone: 781-397-7030
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Essential police functions continue as normal
- Gun permits unavailable
- Police detail admin continue as normal
- Animal Control can be reached by phone: (781)397-7141
- Staff to monitor empty buildings at least daily for any issues
- Continue to process mail
Direct Phone: 781-397-7032
Direct Email: Sduffy@cityofmalden.org
- DPW offices closed.
- Yard drop-off hours are 8am-4pm Monday-Friday, closed Saturdays and Sundays.
- Purchase orders will still be processed
- www.seeclickfix.com will continuously be monitored
- Staff continues to work regularly scheduled at direction of director
- No street permits will be issued; no availability to buy recycle bins
Direct Phone: 781-397-7160
- All recreation programs and events cancelled until further notice
- As of Monday, May 25th, Malden Parks and Open Spaces will begin a phased reopening.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7168
- Closed through the end of the 2019/2020 School year. Please visit maldenps.org for further details regarding the Malden Public Schools.
- Students and families can pick up students’ free breakfast and lunch by driving through the Salemwood “loop” or the Malden High School Prescott Street lot (between CVS and MHS), or by simply walking up to the distribution table located in these lots.
For those driving to the site, we will bring the packaged meals to the passenger side window.
For walkers, we will hand you the meals.
Hours for Pick Up as of March 18th:
10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Other Important Information
➢ Meals are FREE to all Malden students.
➢ Student does not have to be present to receive the meals.
➢ Recipients will receive both breakfast and lunch meals at the same time so that you do not have to make multiple trips.
➢ Meals are available Monday through Friday.
Direct Phone: 781-397-6100
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All classes and programs cancelled until further notice
Direct Phone: 781-397-7144
Teen Enrichment Center
- All classes and programs cancelled until further notice
Direct Phone: 857-312-0317
- Office is closed to the public
- Parking hearings accepted by mail and drop box only
- On April 3, 2020, Governor Baker signed into law Chapter 53 of the Acts of 2020. This new law permits Mayors to issue an Executive order relative to extended statutory deadlines and the collection of taxes, and collection and calculation of interest, penalties and fees. Our Mayor has issued an Executive order on April 7, 2020 a copy of which can be found here https://www.cityofmalden.org/documentcenter/view/2497
- Treasurer/Collector billing specific updates:
- Real Estate tax bill due dates have been extended from May 1, 2020 to June 1, 2020. The calculation for interest on unpaid real estate and personal property tax has also been extended to June 1, 2020
- Motor Vehicle Excise and Water bills will continue to be mailed. No interest or penalties will be applied to any outstanding Excise or Water bills that were issued with a due date after March 10, 2020 and are paid in full by June 30, 2020.
- Payments can be made one of four ways; via Online bill pay by visiting https://www.cityofmalden.org/330/Bill-Pay, by phone using 855-984-1188, US Mail, or you may drop off your invoice with payment in the form of cash, check or money order in the secure drop box located outside of the 110 Pleasant Street City Hall location.
- With the social distancing protocols in place we strongly encourage to you use one of the first three methods of payment. Also it is not recommended that you leave cash payments as you will not be provided a receipt, a voided check or money order can serve as your receipt.
As Coronavirus (Covid-19) business related items evolve we will update this section to keep our constituents informed.
Direct Phone: 781-397-7090
Direct Email: email@example.com
- Needs of veterans will be handled case by case
- Continue to process monthly benefits
- Signup new services by appointment
Direct Phone: 781-397-7139
- Emergency work will be addressed by the DPW
- All non-emergency permits are closed until further notice