Winter Weather Central
- There are no alerts at this time.
We alert our residents using a variety of methods.
- To be notified about the start and stop of a snow emergency, sign up for our CodeRED Emergency Notification System.
- To be notified about specific parking rules at the address closet to where you park, sign up for our Street Alerts app.
- To be notified about changes to trash/recycling schedules as a result of winter weather, sign up for our Trash App known as ReCollect.
- To be notified when new winter weather alerts are added to our website, sign up for our Alert Center.
Parking rules change each winter season with the onset of the first winter event. Search our new Street Alerts app or review the winter parking card to find out if/how your street is affected. For any questions related to winter parking violations or towing, contact the Malden Parking Department at 781-397-7196.
If you are required to move your vehicle, you can park in one of the City's designated emergency parking lots located around the City for the duration of the snow emergency. If you decide to make use of one of these lots, you must monitor our 311 line to find out when you are required to remove your vehicle.
The City of Malden requires residents and businesses remove snow from the sidewalks abutting their property. Failure to comply with this ordinance could result in a fine issued by the City. Please familiarize yourself with he rules and try to encourage your neighbors to do the same. If you have trouble removing the snow yourself, we have provided a list of snow removal contractors that you can hire to remove the snow for you. Lastly, if you know of a property that is not complying with the rules and want to report them, you may do so using your 311 issue reporting tool.
The City of Malden requires residents and businesses remove snow from the sidewalks abutting their property. Failure to comply with this ordinance could result in a fine issued by the City. Please familiarize yourself with he rules(PDF) and try to encourage your neighbors to do the same.
Our Department of Public Works makes every effort to keep our streets safe and passable during winter weather. If at the conclusion of snow operations for a given storm, you feel that a street needs further attention, you may submit a ticket using our issue reporting tool. The DPW will not respond to requests during snow operations unless there is an emergency.