Animal Control

The Animal Control Officer serves as a public safety officer for the City of Malden and responds to all requests for assistance with animals ranging from domestic, wild, dangerous or animals in distress. The Animal Control Officer is also tasked with enforcing state and local laws and ordinances related to the keeping of animals, management of wildlife and animal abuse or neglect.

Lost or Missing Pet

If you think your pet is lost or missing, please take the following steps.

  1. Contact the Malden Police Department immediately at 781-397-7171.
  2. Submit a Lost or Missing Pet request on our SeeClickFix system. After you submit your request, a notification will be sent to our Animal Control officer but this request will also be publically viewable and shareable so that other residents can possibly help locate the pet.

Obtain or Renew a Dog License

Dog licenses are required for all dogs in the City of Malden and must be renewed annually. You can fill out an application and submit the application to the:
Office of the City Clerk
215 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148