Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, test and achieve certification in the State of Massachusetts mandated 911 system as well as the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS), National Criminal Information Center (NCIC) and MA Registry of Motor Vehicle systems.
- Be trained and gain proficiency in use of the in-house Computer Aided Dispatch system as well as call handling techniques.
- Assist uniformed police officers with all dispatching functions.
- Monitor and answer emergency telephone calls coming in to the Department, assess and evaluate the seriousness of each call, determine the proper type of emergency response and dispatch it to the proper location.
- Utilize the Computer Aided Dispatch system to enter all calls for service and to access the database for investigations or other needs.
- Monitor prisoners via closed circuit television (CCTV) for safety reasons.
- Monitor city-wide CCTV system for public safety concerns and anti-crime efforts.
- Access the NCIC/DCJIS computer as requested, in order to fulfill the requests of officers working the street, on traffic stops, working details or for reasons specified otherwise.
- Enter and update articles such as stolen vehicles; license plates; guns and missing persons data within the NCIC computer system.
- Prepare and assist with written police reports pertaining to incidents as requested by the general public as well as arrest reports for court appearances by the Department.
- Assist uniformed officers with the distribution of prisoner meals.
- Monitor and answer all business telephone lines.
- File documents as they pertain to the Bureau of Records.
- In the absence of the police dispatcher, assume all duties as assigned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Police Chief, Patrol Commander or Shift Commander.
Selected candidate will need to submit to a Criminal Offenders Records Information report (CORI) background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources Director, City of Malden at email@example.com no later than 12:00pm on Friday, February 1, 2019.