The location of the now Cheverus School, Sacred Hearts Parish, was designed by Boston architects Chickering and O'Connell and purchased in 1909. The school was originally both a grade school and a high school and officially opened in 1911. The school was named after the Rev. Jean-Louis Lefebvre de Cheverus, the first Catholic Bishop of Boston and was staffed by the Sisters of Providence of St. Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana. The high school closed in 1971, but the elementary school continues today.
30 Irving Street