Duties & Responsibilities
The Building and Grounds Custodian is responsible for all aspects of building upkeep and maintenance at various City buildings. The City is looking for someone who will take pride in keeping the facilities in top condition.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work with little supervision, possess a strong attention to detail and possess strong general handyman skills. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Light to medium cleaning and upkeep duties of all aspects of the building interior and exterior
- General break/fix/repair duties as required by the department or Facilities Director
- Setup and breakdown of community center as necessary
- Upkeep of lighting system through replacement of bulbs as necessary
- Ongoing patching and painting to maintain painted surfaces in optimal conditions
- Snow removal of exterior grounds using snowblower, shovel, Bobcat or other means necessary
- General landscaping upkeep
- Other duties as assigned by the Public Facilities Director.
The City of Malden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selected candidate will need to submit to a Criminal Offenders Records Information report (CORI) background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Director, City of Malden at firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until filled.