Established pre-1649, this cemetery is the oldest burial ground in the City and is located on Malden's Green Street. It was first known as "Sandy Bank" because it was often the first landing place of settlers sailing up Mystic River. After 1832, with the establishment of a new burial site on Salem Street, the site became known as the "Old Burial Ground." Thereafter, in 1882, it became known as Bell Rock Cemetery. At this burial site rests many prominent Maldonians, including 30 Revolutionary War Veterans. Most of the earliest burials are unmarked and the earliest gravestone belongs to Alice Brackenberry, who died in 1670. This historic cemetery has been listed on the National Register of Historical Places since 1981.
Jim Cahill - Superintendent